Having reached the grand old age of 30, I hadn’t given it any thought that I am getting too old to get an Australian working holiday visa. After watching a blog hearing that holiday working visa’s are for those aged 18 – 30 my heart sank! It hadn’t crossed my mind that there was an age restriction but thankfully I watched the blog in time! For those from the UK, Australian Working Holiday Visas (WHV) can be applied for until you are 30 years and 11 months old. I was just in time!

frauen sagen treffen ab After discovering we were still eligible, I googled the visa to be faced with a long list of companies willing to help us through the process, for a fee of course. This made me think the process was going to be difficult but I couldn’t have been more wrong!

Requirements for an Australian Working Visa Please check to ensure the list is current, written 29.05.16 As per most things in life, your country of origin will influence your visa application and eligibility. Apply for the Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462) if you are from:

  • Argentina
  • Bangladesh
  • Chile
  • Indonesia
  • Malaysia
  • Poland
  • Turkey
  • Thailand
  • Uruguay
  • USA

Visa Summary Requirements

secret method binary options You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • Are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
  • Don’t have a dependent child with you at any time during your stay in Australia
  • Only USA passport holders are able to apply online for this visa

go to site Apply for the Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417) if you are from:

  • United Kingdom
  • Canada
  • Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Republic of Cyprus
  • Republic of Korea
  • Sweden
  • Taiwan

agence de rencontre pour jeunes professionnels The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries. First Working Holiday visa: You must be outside Australia when you apply for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is decided.

meilleurs sites de rencontres gratuit Second Working Holiday visa: If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted. Click here for the full requirements of this visa. Again you have to be under 31 years old and over 18 years of age.


  • Have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462)
  • Hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia
  • Have turned 18 years of age but have not yet turned 31
  • Are a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia
  • Have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5000)
  • Have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay
  • Will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay.

The Visa cost us around £230 each going direct which is cheaper than paying someone else to do it for you.

Some useful tips

atarax 100 mg pour dormir The biggest tip is to do this yourself and avoid paying someone else to do this. The process was really simple and it should be a crime to charge someone to fill this out. That being said, make sure you take your time to fill the application form fully and accurately. The last thing you want is a failed application due to an error resulting in you losing your money.

rosuvastatina 5 mg bula For the first visa, you have to outside of the country when you apply and don’t enter the country until it has been granted to avoid any issues. The visa is valid for 12 months once granted and starts the day you enter the country. Please note this does not get put on hold if you decide to leave to go elsewhere for a few months so I would suggest using the visa for the full 12 months as you wont be able to get another one. Make the most of it, why wouldn’t you?

glucophage xr 500 mg para que sirve This is not a physical visa so don’t expect anything in your Passport!

Bank Accounts

You will need a bank account for most jobs as cash in hand is not common place. This can be applied for before you leave for Australia. We went online (here) and opened an ANZ account which took 2 days to open. On arrival in Australia we just need to confirm our details and away we go.


This is basically like a pension in the UK. If you’re on the books and not being paid in cash you will be entitled to superannuation. This money gets transferred into a separate account that your employer will create for you. When you leave the country, you can ask for this money. See it as a golden handshake for you or a bonus when you leave. A welcomed surprise if you forget about it when budgeting!


I am sure you have heard of the changes to the tax for those on a working Holliday visa.  We have both found jobs in Sydney and are now subject to 15% tax.  Neither of us have an issue with this and feel we should contribute to the Australian economy, do check this out though as some nationalities are able to claim the tax back when they leave



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here